Tank Vent TV-2
The Tank Vent TV-2 is designed for use on above ground storage and transfer tanks for assorted gasolines and diesels. It can also be used for small lubricant and non-pressurized hydraulic reservoirs.
- The Tank Vent TV-2 is designed to hold a constant tank pressure reducing evaporation loss, reduce contamination intake and prevent over expansion and contraction of the tank.
- Fuel temperature in a tank rises during the day causing the contents to expand creating pressure which needs to be vented before it can do damage to the tank. At night the fuel cools causing a vacuum when the contents contract pulling the tank inward. The vacuum needs to be eliminated to prevent damage to the tank. By maintaining a semi-closed system, the amount of fuel vapors that escape into the atmosphere and the amount of moisture taken into the tank are reduced.
- The Tank Vent TV-2 helps control fuel quality by keeping moisture out.
- It provides an easy opening for filling of a tank.
- Reduces the loss of fuel due to evaporation during fuel storage.
- The Tank Vent TV-2 reduces content spills in transfer reservoirs during transport by closing the system.
- The Tank Vent TV-2 provides a means for securing contents with a padlock